Art receptions are pretty much the best thing ever. Here’s a list of seven reasons why art receptions are so cool:
- It gives you an excuse to dress fancy–i.e., wear a bow tie. God, bow ties are cool.
- If your dad is there and he’s a little tipsy (and you’re underage) he might decide to sneak you some “punch”. That’s always fun.
- If you’re overage, you can get free booze.
- You get look at pretty pictures. Unless it’s an experimental art exhibit. Then you get to be really confused.
- Did I mention you get to wear bow ties?
- A monocle, too, depending on how fancy the reception is.
- In some extreme cases, a solid gold tuxedo and matching top hat is required as well.
Unfortunately, the art reception I went to on Sunday didn’t require a solid gold tuxedo. I’m keeping my hopes up, though.
PS I will be going on a long-weekend camping trip with my family starting Thursday. I do not plan to post again until next Tuesday at the earlier. Expect a rambly post about how I hate nature and bug bites.